institute.global (our Website) is a website operated by the Tony Blair Institute. Tony Blair Institute, trading as Tony Blair Institute for Global Change, is a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (registered company number: 10505963) whose registered office is 50 Broadway, London, SW1H 0BL.
What personal information do we collect and how do we use it?
The Tony Blair Institute processes your data for the following purposes:
• to keep you informed and obtain your views of each of our activities;
• to achieve the objectives of the Tony Blair Institute;
• to provide you with information about services available to you through the Tony Blair Institute, and third parties connected with us either as directed communications or newsletters;
• transfer to HM Revenue and Customs in respect of any Gift Aid claims;
• to process and respond to requests, enquiries and complaints received from you;
• to provide services requested by you and any related communications;
• to recommend products and services that we believe will be of interest to you;
• to update our records;
• to analyse trends and profiles;
• for audit purposes;
• to detect or prevent fraud;
• to transfer to service suppliers who undertake processing on our behalf, at our direction or otherwise;
• to permit third party research organisations to question individuals registered with us in respect of surveys and/or consultations;
• to transfer any personal data to any other regulator or government body as required;
• to communicate with you by email or other form of electronic communication;
• for the administration of your registration with us (if you have registered us); and
• statutory and regulatory compliance.
We collect personal information from you when you communicate with us using any media or in person. We may also collect personal data which relates to you from third parties.
If a statutory condition applies allowing us to process your personal data and you withdraw consent to process your personal data this will not necessarily mean that we cease to process your personal data as we may, for example, be under a statutory duty to process your personal data. Any personal information you send to us will be treated in the strictest confidence.
We may continue to process your personal data after you have ceased to be registered with us or after you have provided information to us or we have sent you any information you have requested.
Sensitive Personal Information
We do not collect any sensitive personal data through this Website. However, if you provide us with sensitive personal data in your communications with us, we will process such personal data for the purposes outlined above.
Sharing Your Information
If you do not wish us to share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes, please write to the address: PO Box 60519, London, W2 7JU
You have the right under the DPA to request that we do not process your personal data for the purposes of direct marketing. If you would prefer that we cease to send you direct marketing information please write to the address set out below.
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our Website. This can include using a ‘cookie' (pieces of information that are transferred to an individual user's hard drive for record keeping purposes). At the present time the cookie stores any information which you enter into our Website, this includes name, address, phone number and e mail address. It is possible for us to retrieve the information stored in the cookie.
We use ‘cookies' on our Website to enable our system to recognise your computer and allow us to see how you use our Website. Most browsers allow you to stop receiving cookies. The cookies function by saving your passwords and site preferences - as a result it is possible to speed up your future activities at our Website and allow us to provide you with information specifically tailored to your interests. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings. To modify your browser settings, click on the help section of your Internet browser and follow the instructions.
European Economic Area (the EEA)
Please note that information displayed on our Website or sent to us over the Internet may be transferred outside of the EEA, where data protection laws are not as strong as within the EEA. If you have any concerns in relation to such transfers, you should not use the Internet as a means of communication with us.
Our Website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices or the content of any websites which are linked to our Website. For more details of our policy on third party websites, please see our Website Terms and Conditions.
Any personal information that you transfer to us via our Website is protected by Semantic Messagelabs. This security system encrypts any information sent to us to ensure that your information is as secure as possible.
"Personal data" is defined in the DPA as meaning any data from which the identity of a living individual can be determined, either by itself or with other data processed by the data controller; any information such as name and address, e mail address, telephone number and general contact details, personal data includes images on film (e.g. CCTV images), photographs and telephone voice recordings.
"Processing" is defined in the DPA as meaning, in relation to information or data, obtaining, recording, or holding the information or data or carrying out any operation or set of operations on the information or data, including: (a) organisation, adaptation or alteration of the information or data; (b) retrieval, consultation or use of the information or data; (c) disclosure of the information or data by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available; or (d) alignment, combination, blocking, erasure or destruction of the information or data.
"Sensitive personal data" is defined in the DPA as meaning personal data consisting of information as to:
• the racial or ethnic origin of the data subject;
• his political opinions;
• his religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature;
• whether he is a member of a trade union (within the meaning of the Trade Union and Labour Relations (Consolidation) Act 1992);
• his physical or mental health or condition;
• his sexual life;
• the commission or alleged commission by him of any offence; or
• any proceedings for any offence committed or alleged to have been committed by him, the disposal of such proceedings or the sentence of any court in such proceedings.