Introduction: The Economic Potential of Gaza
Weaknesses and Strengths of the Private Sector in Gaza
Development Strategy Based on Leveraging Strengths
Political Envelope and Economic Policy Enabling Measures
Export and Investment Promotion Measures
Solutions for the Medium and Longer Terms
- ^ See analyses and forecasts in PA, Ministry of National Economy, Gaza Economic Strategy, March 2011, pp. 26-29; Nashashibi, and Gal, and Rock, "Palestinian – Israeli Economic Relations: Trade and Economic Regime" (OQ-PIBF-NIR, June 2015) pp. 32-36 and ; and Portland Trust, "Global Palestine, Connecting Gaza: A Spatial Vision for the Gaza Governorates" (April 2016), p. 77.
- ^ Portland Trust, "Global Palestine, Connecting Gaza", p. 79; and Nashashibi, and Gal, and Rock, p. 43
- ^ World Bank, European Bank and European Investment Bank, "WHAT’S HOLDING BACK THE PRIVATE SECTOR IN MENA? LESSONS FROM THE ENTERPRISE SURVEY" (July 2016). This study summarizes surveys in 8 MENA non-oil economies, which were conducted in 2013 – 2014.
- ^ World Bank et al, ibid, p. 21.
- ^ Portland Trust, "Palestinian Economic Bulletin" (August 2016), pp. 1-2: World Bank et al, ibid, pp. 128-129.
- ^ http://www.lacs.ps/documentsShow.aspx?ATT_ID=21974
- ^ Gisha, "Two Years, 360 degrees" part 1: construction; Gisha, " Two years later: The long road to reconstruction and recovery" (August 2016), pp. 2-3, 5.
- ^ Gisha, "Two Years, 360 degrees", ibid; Gisha, "Dark-gray lists" (2016), pp. 3-6 http://gisha.org/UserFiles/File/publications/Dark_Gray_Lists/Dark_Gray_Lists-en.pdf
- ^ Defined and detailed under the international "Wassenaar Arrangement", which was incorporated in the Israeli Minister of Defense Directive on Defense Export Control (Monitored Dual-use Equipment) of 2008. http://www.exportctrl.mod.gov.il/NR/rdonlyres/06332F79-41F1-463C-BD85-2D254C050606/0/tsav_pikuah_dou_shimushi.pdf
- ^ Given the financial difficulties of the PA, this and the other recommendations for incentives are directed to the donor community.
- ^ These suggestions are partly in line with "Global Palestine: Connected Gaza", pp. 66-67.
- ^ These guidelines integrate, inter alia, suggestions presented in "Global Palestine: Connected Gaza", p. 60; and various publications of Gisha, mainly Gisha, " Two years later: The long road to reconstruction and recovery" (August 2016), p. 5
- ^ These suggestions are partly In line with the suggestions of "Global Palestine: Connected Gaza", p. 68 and elsewhere.
- ^ In line with the suggestions of "Global Palestine: Connected Gaza", p. 72.