- ^ “Research Findings: The Relationship Between Violent and Nonviolent Islamist Extremism”, Tony Blair Institute for Global Change, June 2018, https://institute.global/insight/co-existence/research-findings-relationship-between-violent-and-nonviolent-islamist.
- ^ “Proscribed Terrorist Organisations”, UK Home Office, accessed 31 August 2018, https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/670599/20171222_Proscription.pdf
- ^ David Hanson, former minister of state for crime and policing, statement in Parliamentary Hansard, 12 November 2009, https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200809/cmhansrd/cm091112/text/91112w0073.htm.
- ^ “The week ahead for the Commission”, Commission for Countering Extremism, UK government, 10 September 2018, accessed September 2018, https://extremismcommission.blog.gov.uk/2018/09/10/the-week-ahead-for-the-commission/.
- ^ “Building Resilience in the Classroom,” Tony Blair Institute for Global Change, 12 April 2018, accessed September 2018, https://institute.global/insight/co-existence/building-resilience-classroom.
- ^ Ian Jamison, Measuring Open-Mindedness, Tony Blair Institute for Global Change, 29 May 2017, https://institute.global/insight/co-existence/measuring-open-mindedness.
- ^ .“Commission on Fake News and the Teaching of Critical Literacy Skills in Schools”, National Literacy Trust, https://literacytrust.org.uk/policy-and-campaigns/all-party-parliamentary-group-literacy/fakenews/.
- ^ “Employment opportunities for Muslims in the UK”, House of Commons Women and Equalities Committee, second report of session 2016–2017, https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201617/cmselect/cmwomeq/89/89.pdf.
- ^ Debrah Allcock Tyler, “In four years there will be no grants for charities – it will destroy communities”, Guardian, 11 February 2016, https://www.theguardian.com/voluntary-sector-network/2016/feb/11/grants-local-charities-campaign-appeal-government-cuts.
- ^ “Over £5 million awarded to community groups to fight extremism”, Home Office, 18 October 2018, https://www.gov.uk/government/news/over-5-million-awarded-to-community-groups-to-fight-extremism.
- ^ “Integrated Communities Strategy Green Paper”, Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government, 14 March 2018, https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/integrated-communities-strategy-green-paper.
- ^ Julia Ebner, The Rage: The Vicious Circle of Islamist and Far-right Extremism (London: I.B. Tauris, 2017).
- ^ “Extremism: PM Speech”, UK government, 20 July 2015, https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/extremism-pm-speech. “Counter-terrorism strategy (CONTENT) 2018”, UK government, 4 June 2018, https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/counter-terrorism-strategy-contest-2018.
- ^ “State of Hate 2018”, Hope Not Hate, January–February 2018, https://action.hopenothate.org.uk/page/-/website/State-of-Hate-2018.pdf.
- ^ Robin de Peyer, “Revealed: Anti-Muslim hate crimes in London soared by 40% in a year”, Evening Standard, 26 February 2018, https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/revealed-antimuslim-hate-crimes-in-london-soared-by-40-in-a-year-a3775751.html; Sarah Marsh, “Record number of anti-Muslim attacks reported in UK last year”, Guardian, 20 July 2017, https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/jul/20/record-number-anti-muslim-attacks-reported-uk-2017.
- ^ Milo Comerford and Rachel Bryson, The Struggle Over Scripture: Charting the Rift Between Islamist Extremism and Mainstream Islam, Tony Blair Institute for Global Change, 6 December 2017, https://institute.global/insight/co-existence/struggle-over-scripture-charting-rift-between-islamist-extremism-and.
- ^ Ian Cobain and Nick Fielding, “Banned Islamists spawn front organization”, Guardian, 22 July 2006, https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2006/jul/22/terrorism.world; “Al-Muhajiroun Network”, Hope Not Hate, accessed 31 August 2018, https://www.hopenothate.org.uk/research/the-hate-files/al-muhajiroun-network/.