Foreword by Tony Blair
How Do We Test for Covid-19?
What Companies Are Involved in Testing?
Why Testing Is Vital
Experience From Other Countries
What Is the UK Government’s Testing Strategy?
The Road to Mass Testing
Therapeutics – Ease Symptoms, Exit Lockdown
What Is the Role of Tech?
Annex: Rapid Tests That Have Passed Other Regulatory Systems
- ^ In Covid-19, tests that test for the presence of the virus have commonly been referred to as “antigen tests” including by the Chief Medical Officer – where antigen refers to some component of the virus, typically the external (coat) protein of the virus. However, the test currently being used for Covid-19 is looking for viral RNA which is technically not a viral antigen. For the purposes of this paper, we use the term “antigen” to cover those tests that test for the presence of the virus. Credit to Prof Eleanor Riley, professor of immunology and infectious disease at the University of Edinburgh, for bringing this to the attention of the public.
- ^ https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/02/health/fda-coronavirus-antibody-test-authorization/index.html
- ^ https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/20/eradicated-coronavirus-mass-testing-covid-19-italy-vo
- ^ https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
- ^ https://paulromer.net/covid-sim-part2/
- ^ Ibid
- ^ https://www.europeanpharmaceuticalreview.com/article/115842/potential-covid-19-therapeutics-currently-in-development/
- ^ Richardson, P., Griffin, I., Tucker, C., Smith, D., Oechsle, O., Phelan, A. and Stebbing, J., 2020. Baricitinib as potential treatment for 2019-nCoV acute respiratory disease. The lancet, 395(10223), pp.e30-e31.